KUHN Farm Machinery has updated its range of hay and silage making equipment with the introduction of its next generation range of GF 1012 series Gyrotedders.
The new range includes the 8.70 metre mounted GF 8712, and trailed GF 8712 T, as well as the 10.80 metre mounted GF 10812 and trailed GF 10812 T.
The new machines have been designed for use on medium to large-scale farms, but are also suited to working in tight, awkwardly shaped fields. The HLC rotor-lift system (standard equipment on the GF 8712 T, GF 10812 and GF 10812 T, and available as an option on the GF 8712) lifts all rotors to a height of 50cm in less than 5 seconds, making it easier to manoeuvre and operate the tedders, especially on tight headland turns. The fast-acting HLC rotor-lift system also helps to reduce the risk of impurities being introduced into the forage.
All four of the new machines are exceptionally compact thanks to their folding design and a patented stabilisation system between the headstock and the frame which enhances machine stability during work and improves road transportation safety.
The new Gyrotedders can be operated by medium-powered tractors thereby making them ideally suited for use on the majority of livestock farms.
All models use KUHN’s DIGIDRIVE equipped maintenance-free rotors. Pivoting, small diameter rotors and asymmetrical tines improve ground contact and reduce soil contamination, while wheels which are placed close to the tines improve ground following. Hydraulic adjustment for border tedding is also available as an option.
* GF 8712 GF 8712 T GF 10812 GF 10812 T
* Working width (m) 8.70 10.80
* Overall width in working position (m) 9.12 11.20
* Number of rotors 8 10
* Number of tine arms per rotor 6
* Transport width (m) 2.99
* Transport height (m) 3.25 3.15 3.65 3.30
* Oblique wheel position setting As optional equipment
* HLC rotor-lift system As option As standard
* Wheel deflectors As standard
* Tine guards As standard
* Pitch angle adjustment 2 positions
* Rotor drive DIGIDRIVE: forge case-hardened steel fingers
* Free wheel in central gearbox As standard
* Tyres on central rotors 18 x 8.5 – 8
* Tyres on outside rotors 16 x 6.50 – 8
* Setting in transport position Hydraulic vertical folding Hydraulic vertical folding or rotors followed by frontward pivot and positioning of wheel train Hydraulic vertical folding Hydraulic vertical folding or rotors followed by frontward pivot and positioning of wheel train
* Hitch 3-point Cat 2
* Headstock Pivoting
* Headstock stabilisers 2 large shock absorbers + integrated suspension springs – 2 large shock absorbers + integrated suspension springs –
* Required tractor hydraulic connections 1 DA 1 DA with floating position 1 DA 1 DA with floating position
* Minimum PTO requirement (kW/hp) 36/50 40/55
* Weight (kg) 1380 1760 1620 1980
* Secondary PTO shaft – With torque limiter – With torque limiter
* Tyres on transport undercarriage – 26 x 12.00 – 12 – 26 x 12.00 – 12
Starting retail price £14,081 £17,434 £20,039 £22,906