The inauguration of the new SDF production lines in Turkey has taken place in Bandirma. The renovated and upgraded facility reinforces the role of the Turkish factory as a production hub serving domestic, European and worldwide markets.
A total investment of 10 million Euros was made to the plant over a period of 18 months which involved various important areas:
- A new production building of 10,000 m2 in addition to the existing facility reaching a total covered area of 27,360 m2.
- An additional and modern paint shop, which allows double the production capacity.
- A new transmission assembly line and test bench, which allows SDF to localise the production of core components, improving the competitiveness of our products.
- A new spare parts warehouse, that will assure availability of the parts, reducing the delivery time to the markets.
- An SDF Academy, to train not only the Turkish dealers and customers, but also the ones coming from other markets in that geographical area.
- The renewed plant has now a production capacity of 15,000 tractors per year.
“In the last part of 2018, the Turkish economy started to face difficulties and also the first months of 2019 are not showing improvements. Nevertheless – stated Lodovico Bussolati, Chief Executive Officer of SDF – our investment in Turkey is part of a long view strategy and the actual market situation is giving us an even stronger commitment to go on in our Turkish project and to reinforce our presence here.”