Twose of Tiverton is to merge with its sister company McConnel. The move, which will take place on 1st May 2016, will see the creation of a specialist Grassland and Arable Machinery Division resulting in a wider product offering which will generate new opportunities for growth.
Twose’s comprehensive range of cultivation and farm machinery, including its market-leading range of agricultural folding rollers will be added into McConnel’s arable and seeding machinery portfolio – enabling the company to offer a one-stop shop for all of its agricultural and green maintenance machinery products.
The company have said that the major benefits to their overseas distributors, dealers and customers will be:
- The creation of a one-stop shop for the products of the two famous companies Twose and McConnel within a newly created Grassland and Arable Machinery Division
- Newly formed specialist sales and technical support teams to assist all customers
- An increase in dealer coverage across the UK along with additional overseas distributors for sales, service, and spare parts
- Increased promotional activities leveraging the McConnel and Twose brands whilst respecting their proud historical heritage
- To avail additional investment in the research and development to ensure a steady flow of new products
The company have stated that these changes will be seamless for distributors, dealers and customers.
Twose products will now bear the Twose Classic Line brand.
All Grassland and Arable machinery will be produced at the Alamo Manufacturing Service’s multi-million pound production facility at Salford Priors, whilst the hedge and verge cutting machinery will continue to be manufactured at the award-winning Ludlow factory.
Alamo Group Europe – UK Agricultural Division’s General Manager Christian Davies said: “The establishment of a new Grassland and Arable machinery division is an exciting development for our agricultural group”.