By Chris McCullough
- Four tractor models ranging from 155hp to 190hp have been launched as the new Massey Ferguson 7S Series
- With the last three numbers identifying the horsepower of each unit, the four models are; MF 7S.155, MF 7S.165, MF 7S.180 and MF 7S.190. All also deliver up to an extra 30hp with Engine Power Management (EPM), depending on the model
- With a 2.88m wheelbase and six-cylinder, Agco Power 6.6-litre engine, the new tractors form the perfect bridge between the new four-cylinder 135hp-180hp, MF 6S Series and the larger, MF 8S Series, powered by 7.4 litre engines
The MF 7S tractors use the Dyna-VT ECO transmission offers seamless shifting and the Super Eco version of the Dyna-VT further improves efficiency by allowing the tractor to achieve 40km/h at just 1,450rpm.
Alternatively, for all models up to the 180hp, MF 7S.180, there is the choice of the Dyna-6 Super Eco 24 x 24 semi-powershift transmission.
Automatic Mode, standard on all Dyna-6 models, automatically shifts speeds relative to the engine load and speed. Operators can also manually set the engine rpm at which changes are made.
Thanks to a new air conditioning system the cab is now up to 4C cooler than before and features a completely new, high quality trim with, for Exclusive and Efficient versions, a chrome steering wheel and black dashboard.
As standard the cab boosts an air-suspended seat. A heated seat option, with improved ventilation, is equipped with the DDS, Dynamic Damping System, that responds automatically to the severity of the bumps with lateral stability suspension.
Outside, an LED light design, along with the bonnet lightbar, produce a bright signature, with the option to fit up to 16 LED worklights. For loader operations there is also the option to fit the useful Visio Roof, which provides a great view of load through the whole lift range.
New for Exclusive and Efficient versions is an option that enables the radio and mobile phone and media be operated through the Datatronic 5 screen, with inputs via Bluetooth, USB or Aux lead.
Datatronic 5 not only manages all the tractor functions but, also with Isobus connectivity and GPS signal, it runs the MF Technologies’ Precision Farming suite. These include MF Guide, with its fast set-up ‘Go-Mode’ as well as MF Section Control to reduce overlaps and precisely target inputs with variable rate applications using MF Rate Control.
Data gathered and recorded automatically on MF TaskDoc is transferred via USB memory card. The MF Task Doc Pro option, allows you to create application plans and wirelessly synchronises with farm management software. MF Telemetry is standard on all MF 7S models
With its 2.88m wheelbase and strong chassis, the MF 7S Series manages a turning radius of just 4.93m. Perfectly balanced, they also provide an excellent power to weight ratio and an impressive 44.5t Gross Combination Weight. Three-point linkage lift capacities of 9,600kg on the rear and 4,000kg up front and up to 14t Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) make them ideally suited to operating output boosting front- and rear combinations.
The long wheelbase also helps increase traction and stability, which is further enhanced by specifying up to 42” diameter rear tyres, which also help reduce the ground pressure
New MF 7S Series key features
- Choice of four strong and agile, high specification tractors offering optimum comfort, control automation and connectivity
- Powerful, clean 6.6-litre, six cylinder engines deliver maximum powers from 155hp to 190hp. All generate generous extra power and torque, maintaining productivity in all conditions
- Choice of new, improved Dyna-VT Super ECO transmission on all models or efficient, easy to use Dyna-6 Super Eco with Automatic Mode on tractors up to 180hp
- High specification as standard, plus choice of Essential, Efficient, Exclusive or Panoramic versions
- Modern, cool and quiet cab offers high levels of comfort and ease of control with new technology coming from the award-winning MF 8S Series
- New Multipad provides single lever, comprehensive control and armrest-mounting on Efficient and Exclusive models
- Easy and logical to use, the Datatronic 5 terminal has a new, brighter and clearer touch-screen with new MF E-loader option
- Long, 2.88m wheelbase and robust chassis combine strength and stability with optimum manoeuvrability from 4.93m turning radius
- Designed to handle and haul heavy loads with high capacity 9,600kg rear and 4,000kg front linkages
- Excellent Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 14t and Gross Combination Weight (GCW) of up to 44.5t
- Smart, practical neo-retro design provides style with substance.